Islamabad: In a series of significant administrative developments, the Police Service of Pakistan (PSP) witnesses notable promotions and transfers, as per the latest notifications issued by the Government of Pakistan, Cabinet Secretariat, Establishment Division.
1. Promotion of Mr. Maqsood-ul-Hassan (PSP/BS-20): Mr. Maqsood-ul-Hassan, currently holding the position of Additional Inspector General (Addl. IGP) in South Punjab, Multan, promoted to the rank of BS-21. This promotion, effective immediately, reflects his distinguished service. He continues to serve in his current role.
2. Promotion of Mr. Abdul Kareem (PSP/BS-20):
Moreover, Mr. Abdul Kareem, serving as Addl. IGP, PHP Punjab, Lahore, promoted to BS-21 on a regular basis. While, Acknowledging his dedication and competence, this promotion maintains his current position.
3. Promotion of Mr. Imran Arshad (PSP/BS-20): While, Mr. Imran Arshad, the Commandant of Punjab Constabulary, sees a promotion to the rank of BS-21 on a regular basis. Moreover, He retains his present posting, contributing his expertise to the service.
4. Transfer of Mr. Imran Mahmood (PSP/BS-20): Mr. Imran Mahmood, the Addl. IGP of the Internal Accountability Branch in Punjab, Lahore, has been transferred with immediate effect. While, He directed to report to S&GAD (proceeding on Ex-Pakistan leave).
5. Promotion and Transfer of Mr. Muhammad Kamran Khan (PSP/BS-20): While, Mr. Muhammad Kamran Khan, Managing Director of Punjab Safe Cities Authority, Lahore, receives a promotion to BS-21. He simultaneously transferred and posted as Addl. IGP of the Internal Accountability Branch in Punjab, Lahore. He will also hold the additional charge of Managing Director, Punjab Safe Cities Authority, until further orders.
6. Transfer of Mr. Sultan Ahmad Ch. (PSP/BS-21):
Mr. Sultan Ahmad Ch., holding the position of Addl. IGP in the Investigation Branch, Punjab, is transferred with immediate effect. Moreover, He is posted as Addl. IGP of Punjab, filling an existing vacancy.
7. Promotion and Transfer of Mr. Muhammad Idris Ahmad (PSP/BS-20): Mr. Muhammad Idris Ahmad, the DIG of Investigation Monitoring in the Investigation Branch, Punjab, Lahore, receives a promotion to BS-21. He is concurrently transferred and posted as DIG, Legal, CPO, Punjab. After completing his term as DIG, Legal, he will serve as Addl. DG, ACE, on a deputation basis.
8. Promotion and Transfer of Capt. (Retd) Liaqat Ali Malik (PSP/BS-19): Moreover, Capt. (Retd) Liaqat Ali Malik, serving as SSP CIA, Lahore, is promoted to the rank of BS-20. He is simultaneously transferred and posted as DIG, Legal, CP, Punjab, filling the position that will be vacated by Mr. Waqas Hassan upon his transfer and joining as Addl. DG, ACE, Punjab.
9. Transfer of Mr. Moeen Masood (PSP/BS-20): While, Mr. Moeen Masood, the DIG of VIP Security in the Special Branch, Lahore, is transferred with immediate effect. While, He is assigned the role of DIG, Administration & Establishment, South Punjab, Multan, to contribute to operational efficiency.
10. Promotion and Transfer of Mr. Tauseef Haider (PSP/BS-19): Mr. Moreover, Tauseef Haider, SSP of PHP, Gujranwala, promoted to BS-20. This promotion is accompanied by a transfer and posting as DIG, VIP Security, Special Branch, Lahore. He takes over from Mr. Moeen Masood, transferred to another role.
Moreover, These promotions and transfers underscore the dynamic nature of the Police Service, optimizing leadership and expertise to uphold law and order effectively across various domains. Certainly, Each move reflects the government’s commitment to strengthening the force’s capabilities and enhancing its operational effectiveness.